In recent times, the CBD market has exploded rapidly with various CBD products. The commonly used products are CBD oil, balm, lotion, etc. CBD cigarettes are the latest trends for smokers.
What is a CBD cigarette?
A CBD cigarette is a cigarette made with hemp flowers with maximum CBD. These cigarettes with CBD contain no tobacco in most of the cases and a negligible amount of THC content. In this type of cigarette, the psychoactive THC or tetrahydrocannabinol is within the permissible limit. The legal permission for such a product differs from one country to another. However, in the US, the law allows hemp products with less than 0.3% THC content. Many promote this cigarette type as an alternative to nicotine ones. In a CBD cigarette, the exact amount of cannabidiol is present, i.e., 10 mg per cigarette. That means each dose of smoke is constant. An organized pack of cigarettes contains 12-20 cigarettes and is easy to carry anywhere.
How is CBD cigarette different from a conventional one?
Regular cigarettes contain tobacco as the main ingredient along with glue, chemicals, and fillers, while CBD cigarettes contain pure CBD as the only ingredient.
Tobacco is carcinogenic and causes cancer in the lungs, mouth, esophagus, etc. Apart from that, smoking is toxic and damages the environment. Nicotine in tobacco causes addiction to users.
CBD in cigarette form is used for smoking and is not good either. It also affects the lungs and interacts with prescription medicines. Still, there are some excellent effects, and that is the healing effects of cannabidiol. Also, hemp or cannabidiol does not pollute the environment. It does not cause a psychoactive effect or a high and any addiction. CBD derived from hemp flowers used as the main ingredient for this type of cigarette helps to eliminate pain, depression, and anxiety.
How safe is it to smoke CBD cigarettes?
Smoking CBD in the form of CBD vape, pre-rolls, raw CBD flowers, and CBD cigarettes are common. Still, following some controversy in CBD vape, it is not recommended at all. Smoking CBD in cigarette form without any nicotine is, however, safer than conventional cigarettes.
In the case of consuming CBD cigarettes, there are a plethora of benefits.
- First, smoking cannabidiol is the most successful route of delivery. That means the benefits of CBD can be experienced after immediate use in cigarettes.
- Throughout the USA’s 50 states, there is a permissible limit for THC content for CBD products. The percentage is less than 0.3 %. Tetrahydrocannabinol or THC is the main component of the psychoactive effects on the users. As CBD products are mostly derived from organic hemp, legal obligations are absent with the permissible limit of THC content.
- This is a better and natural option for vaping. In recent years, vaping has led to a national health epidemic resulting from lung illnesses and injuries. According to scientists, the cause of vaping disaster may be due to the ingredient like vitamin E acetate, which is found with a vape solution.
- It helps in reducing chronic inflammation and pain. Inflammation, pain, stiffness of joints, etc. are some common issues in the elderly citizens of western society. CBD is seen to reduce those problems, as per the study. So aged citizens who have smoking habits can try this cigarette to benefit CBD without nicotine.
- A study reveals that CBD smoking can help those looking to give up conventional cigarettes. It was observed that smokers who used a cannabidiol inhaler, smoked fewer cigarettes, and also a remarkable reduction in nicotine cravings.
- Cannabidiol or CBD has a calming property and is suitable for those looking for a product that can make the mind peaceful without a high. So, CBD cigarettes can be an option to reduce symptoms of anxiety.
However, like every other thing, CBD cigarettes also have some demerits. Those are:
- Hemp and marijuana have a similar smell and appearance. As a result, there can be misunderstanding and confusion. So legal harassment may result.
- If smoking is your choice of consuming CBD, then CBD cigarettes with 100% pure CBD is the ultimate solution. Whatever the case may be, smoking causes long term effects on the lungs.
Although smoking CBD cigarettes has a long term effect on the lungs, it is still safer to use these cigarettes than conventional nicotine cigarettes. Every product has some pros and cons, and CBD cigarettes are not an exception. But, when the benefits are so high, and the disadvantages are lesser, one can choose CBD cigarettes over conventional ones.